I’m a chef who has lived gluten free for more than 20 years. I create recipes ranging from light and healthy foods to comfort foods. Most of my recipes are super simple because I believe that great tasting food doesn’t need to be complicated.
I recently took up food photography and have really enjoyed the creative side of it. So I am the photographer for all the photos you see here and on my blog.
Due to health reasons I started a gluten-free diet more than 20 years ago and I missed many of my favorite foods. So I was inspired to become a chef and learn more about cooking techniques. I studied Culinary Arts at Le Cordon Bleu College in 2010. I apply my culinary knowledge to create gluten-free dishes that rival your all your favorites and will satisfy even the fussiest eaters. I love to share my knowledge through customized cooking lessons.
Customized Cooking Lessons
I am a firm believer that cooking should not be complicated. Making your food taste great just takes a little know-how. See some examples of the gluten-free cooking lessons you might take with me. Once you understand how to balance flavors, season food and choose the right cooking method, cooking will feel so much easier. So I not only teach you how to follow a recipe, but I also give you the skills to become a better cook over all. My cooking tips posts will help you to develop some of these skills.
“Chef Janet! I loved your gluten free session at the online convention and it has put cooking into a different light for me. It has helped me immensely . . . I am truly grateful and know this will change the way I cook.“-SC
All of the recipes on my blog are created by me, in my kitchen. But in order for a recipe to be published on my blog, I have several criteria that it must meet.
- The recipe must be tested a minimum of 3 times to ensure consistent results.
- I have several taste testers who give me honest feedback regarding taste and texture.
- For more complex recipes, I have recipe testers who help to confirm the clarity of the recipe’s instructions and the results.
- I test out the shelf life of recipes to determine how long they’ll remain at room temperature, refrigerated or frozen.
- AA in Culinary Arts from Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts
- ServSafe® Manager Certified (Food Safety and Sanitation Practices) with the National Restaurant Association
- Master’s Degree in Education from UCLA
- More than 30 years as a teacher in the corporate world, public elementary education and summer camps.
I combine my skills as a teacher and chef to design customized lessons that include easy gluten-free recipes and menus. I work with adults and kids alike. so let me know how I can help! See more details about some of the cooking lessons I teach.
I am also available to work with brands on recipe development and product testing. Please get in touch to make an inquiry,
TEN FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
*I was a competitive equestrian in hunter/jumpers for 35 years
*I am an animal lover and have 4 perfect dogs
*I compete in dog agility trials with my 7 lb. chihuahua & rat terrier
*I don’t like bacon, I know, you think I’m crazy
*I ‘m a TV sci-fi fan. Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Fringe
*I was born in Brooklyn, NY but have lived in Los Angeles for 30+ years
*Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it’s just about the food
*Visiting a National Park is my perfect vacation-Sequoia is my fav
*I am a total figure skating fan though I don’t skate well
*Pie is my favorite food