Sesame Teriyaki Sauce - Gluten-Free
Servings: 1 cup (about 4 servings)
This sesame teriyaki sauce is gluten-free and has just a few ingredients for a sweet and savory sauce.
- 5 Tbsp low-sodium gluten-free soy sauce, tamari, or Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 c sweetener agave, honey, brown sugar
- 1/4 c toasted sesame oil
- 4 tsp water
- 1 Tb rice vinegar lime juice or other vinegar
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes optional
- 2 tsp corn starch or tapioca starch mixed with 2 tsp cold water
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
Place the soy sauce, sweetener, sesame oil, vinegar, water and chili flakes in a small pot. Heat for one minute over a medium-high flame.
Stir the starch/water combination thoroughly.
While stirring the soy sauce mixture, pour in the starch mixture with a whisk.
Turn up the heat and stir until it boils and the sauce thickens.
Pour over your dish and top with sesame seeds.