Pomegranate juice is a wonderful sweet and tart addition to a vinaigrette recipe. This dressing is perfect for an arugula or kale salad, providing the perfect flavor balance.
- ⅓ c pomegranate juice unsweetened preferred
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp yogurt or sour cream, optional will help to keep the vinaigrette from separating
- 2 Tbsp agave, maple syrup or honey omit if using sweetened pomegranate juice
- ¼ Tbsp minced shallot or 1/4 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
Place all of the ingredients, except the oil, into a mixing bowl.
Use a wire whisk or fork to beat well, until it is cloudy and foamy.
While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil.
Taste and adjust flavors as needed. See above "Vinaigrette Flavors" section for guidance on balancing the flavors to your preference.
This vinaigrette will stay fresh in the refrigerator for at least 1 one week. If the olive oil solidifies after refrigerating, heat it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.