Easy Mango Vinaigrette
Servings: 6 1 oz servings
This mango vinaigrette has just a few ingredients but adds a sweet and tart tropical vibe to any salad.
- ¾ c roughly chopped mango fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp coconut water (without pulp) or plain water
- 6 Tbsp avocado, sunflower, canola or light olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar apple cider, white wine or champagne vinegar will work too
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsps agave, maple syrup or honey sugar can work too
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pinches red chili flakes optional (but this small amount will not make it spicy)
Place the mango and coconut water in the blender or food processor. Run for at least one minute or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Mango has fine stringy fibers that are best removed for a smooth creamy dressing. It's optional, but highly recommended that you run the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Press it through using a spoon or rubber/silicone spatula. Continue until you are left with mostly fibrous solids.
Return the strained mixture back to the blender/food processor.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend for 10 seconds.
Taste. To make it more flavorful add a pinch of salt, teaspoon of sweetener or a teaspoon of vinegar. Too sweet? Add a small amount of salt or vinegar. Too sour? Add a teaspoon or two of sweetener and a tablespoon of oil.
Store this vinaigrette in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for at least one week, If it is too thick after refrigerating, heat it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or let sit at room temperature.